Address

Author Topic: Security BSides Tampa - 2/15 - Volunteers needed!  (Read 1660 times)

Lance Hudson

• Vice President
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Security BSides Tampa - 2/15 - Volunteers needed!
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:11:35 PM »
Hello all!

I'm going to be running a table at Security BSides Tampa this year and I need people who want to come out and represent.

It's from 8am - 5pm Sat Feb 15th at South University of Tampa - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bsides-tampa-bay-security-conference-tickets-7955409845

Thanks, Let me know if you have any questions.

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-- Michael Jordan

Lance Hudson

• Vice President
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Security BSides Tampa - 2/15 - Volunteers needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
Registration is closed, but I can get volunteers in.

Also they are in need of more speakers to fill out the schedule, so if anyone wants to teach, they would love to have you.

from bsides:
We had to close the registration because we have more people coming then or talks might be able to handle. Would any of your volunteers be willing to teach a class? Even an intro to 3d printing. If they are interested, we could pay for materials and there can be a donation jar of course.
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-- Michael Jordan

megawoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
Hey Lance!

I'll be a volunteer!  Let me know what you need me to do.

Thanks,
Megha

soulsonicforce

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
I don't know anything about it but I'm free that day and can volunteer!  8)

Lance Hudson

• Vice President
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
Hey, so I have a table for FamiLAB, I just need people to be at it, and tell everyone how awesome FamiLAB is.

I am working on a raspberry pi / wifi pineapple. Other than that, if you have something your working on and wouldn't mind sharing it with people walking by, bring it :).

Is anyone interested in car pooling?
-- Michael Jordan

Fluffybunny47

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
Lance, please feel free to take the leftover keychains from the Library event this past weekend. There should still be 75-100 of them. They went back to the lab in a small, brown cardboard box.

Cualer

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »
Lanceee! I can come toooo! I don't know if you already had me signed up or not.. I'll tote some Raspberry Pi stuff that I've been tinkering with/whatever we can show off :)

Oh, and I think I'm going to head in Friday evening after work and meet up with you guys in the morning. If not, it'll be a 6am wake up to drive over from Kissimmee  :-\