Address

Author Topic: Anybody else ever make jewelry?  (Read 1912 times)

Tracy

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
Anybody else ever make jewelry?
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
I've been making really simple beaded earrings lately.  Nothing fancy, more like "assembling" than really "making," but the great thing about a pair of earrings is that you can go from start to finish in about 20 minutes and feel like you accomplished something.   :D

Anybody else doing jewelry, and if so, would you be interested in hijacking the classroom some night to do it together for a few hours?  I have a bunch of materials now and would be happy to show people what I've learned so far about how to bend wire and put stuff together, swap beads, trade ideas, and generally do the "ladies' sewing circle and terrorist society" thing only with jump rings.

Any takers?
"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
-WDI

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
  • I make technology into art and art into porridge.
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
Re: Anybody else ever make jewelry?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 02:54:09 AM »
I'd really enjoy this! I know some nonmembers who make jewelry too, maybe they can tag along.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I like colors.

Tracy

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
Cool!  Any particular day/time that appeals?  I am not a "4AM" person, and we get up stupid early on weekdays, so a sort of 7-9 PM type time frame (or possibly a Friday night or weekend day/time) would work better for me.  Thursday nights can be OK because Mike doesn't have to be up for work the next morning.  Looking at my calendar for the next few weeks, the first good opportunity I'd have would be Friday evening 6/27 or Sunday afternoon 6/29.  July 5 would also be OK (that's a Saturday) -- any time would work as long as it's not super late (I have to lead my church service Sunday morning, so I should be conscious for that).

Let me know what you think might work and pass the word around.  I didn't check the lab calendar, so we should make sure we're clear of that as well.
-WDI

willasaywhat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »
This would be funs. I'm kind of slammed the week(end) of the 28th, but otherwise free.

Tracy

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »
I never actually set up a date to do this because life.

Maybe we can figure out a day for it in January or February if peeps are still interested.
-WDI

Tracy

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »
I haven't checked the forums since sometime in 2014 until today when I had to fill out my form for the xmas party, so maybe on the arts-and-crafts Slack channel would be a better place to discuss this....
-WDI

Aggie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
I just signed up for slack, must be the migraine meds.  Anyway I'm a classically trained bench jeweler. I can show you how to do it all. I do not do wire wrapping. If there is interest I can teach classes.  Could start with simple things like titanium/nobium anodized 10 minute earrings. Or to show you how to do old school jewelry type with a torch soldering, I could teach how to set gemstone ( cabachons)  rings.   If your interested, just reply to this