Author Topic: Ever thought about using the Principal Investigator pattern at FAMiLab?  (Read 1220 times)


  • FamiLAB Member
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 487
  • My sincerest contrafibularities.
    • View Profile

Apparently, academic research labs have this pattern for organizing their research efforts, they call the person a "Principal Investigator". They're sort of like a person who directs research, coordinates some amount of lab work, and in their case may manage employees/interns to some extent.

"... the PI is the person who takes direct responsibility for completion of a funded project, directing the research and reporting directly to the funding agency." - I doubt it would be useful in the short term to get the certification and stuff, but maybe somebody to report to the "funding agency", maybe FAMiLab or other funding sources, about what research is being done and what the results were. Maybe encourage publication.

Anybody with more academia experience have input?