Address

Author Topic: Lab donations  (Read 712 times)

Simply7

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
Lab donations
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
I'm moving, closer to the lab, :)  and I need to lighten the load. I have an original commoder 64 with 1541 floppy drive. In addition to this I have an original xbox with a few odd games. Both in working order when originally boxed.

I dont use them so I figure I would ask if we could use these at familab. If not I'll leave it open to any member who wants to go retro.

Simply7

PockyBum522

• Pocky
  • Oh alcohol, I still drink to your health~
    • View Profile
Re: Lab donations
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
I'd be willing to redo the front room more nicely and set up some cool retro stuff next to the trs-80. Would be great for street cred on open house nights.

Simply7

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
I'll bring it in this week. Maybe some of these old floppies are still good.  I even found the original manual and some programming books.   

digitalman2112

• Lab Dad (ex-treasurer)
  • FamiLAB Member
  • Work Hard, Play Hard!
    • View Profile
    • Raising Geeks
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
I'd be willing to redo the front room more nicely and set up some cool retro stuff next to the trs-80. Would be great for street cred on open house nights.

I'd still like to see the laptop bars built. Having a built in retro station would be awesome...

Waterbury

• FamiLAB Member
  • You can do it. We can help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
If we have extra commodore 64s, I'll gladly snag it, if not, it will be useful for the lab. In any event, we have a lot of retro equipment now. We should set up a table with the TRS-80, a commodore 64, and Dan's logic analyzer.
"The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly." ~ John F. Kennedy