Address

Author Topic: 3D Printing  (Read 461 times)

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
  • I make technology into art and art into porridge.
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
3D Printing
« on: December 04, 2015, 05:00:10 PM »

Hi,

This is Zach over at 3DPrint360.  Your makerspace looks awesome.

We're interested in offering your space and/or your members a discount on all of our Taulman 3d printing filaments.  Since you're using 3d printing in house , the plastics, nylons and other polymers we have provide the best possible prints - with structural integrity and aesthetics in mind.

If you'd like a 15% discount code for the space and/or your members, let me know and I'll send it over.  You can view the range of Taulman filaments (and a wide variety of 3d printers) we have here and feel free to give me a ring with any questions.

Thanks,

Zach Lichaa

3DPrint360
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:08:41 PM by johnbentcope »
I like colors.

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
Re: 3D Printing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »

Hello Zach,

That's very generous of you and 3DPrint360! I've gone ahead and passed your message along to the membership, and I'll see if there's interest in it.

We do print quite a bit, through a handful of printers, and we've always got a curious member interested in some new material or technique. If you extended to us that discount code, could we post that in the space, near the printers for ease of access? I would like to make it as easy as possible for all printing members to see it.

Thank you again for contacting our organization. We hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

++++++++++++++++
John  Bent  Cope
john@familab.org
PERSON  @  LARGE
++++++++++++++++
I like colors.

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

Hi John,

If your members are looking for materials that are pushing the limits on what can be printed, this should be useful to them.  I'm happy to hear it.

In that spirit, I've gone ahead and created the code, which will take 15% off all the Taulman nylons, plastics and other filaments (including some that were developed with DuPont and Eastman Kodak) we have.  I've also attached a nice PDF which you can place next to the printers, since you mentioned that is of interest.

We really appreciate the partnership and if it ends up being useful for your members, we're happy to do more of it moving forward.

Code: [Posted in Slack and soon to be on a poster behind the 3D printers]
Discount: 15%
Web link to purchase the filament
I like colors.

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »
Zach,

Thank you very much for the quick response! I've alerted the members in our #3dprinting channel on our Slack, and the general membership, and will tack up that poster next time I'm at the space. It looks like some of the 3D Gurus have been eying your T-Glase and nylon filaments. I hope to see what our members may make with your plastics. I hope you have a great weekend Zach!

Respectfully,

++++++++++++++++

John  Bent  Cope
john@familab.org
PERSON  @  LARGE
++++++++++++++++
I like colors.