OSC Is looking to hire an exhibit Maintenance Technician, PT. See below for description. Reply to this thread or catch me on slack for more information.
This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of permanent and traveling exhibits and related exhibit support equipment, interfacing with the exhibits team and with facilities department as needed. A primary responsibility for this position focuses on minor exhibit repair, preventative maintenance and accurate troubleshooting. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Start up and shut down of OSC's exhibits.
- Routinely monitor exhibit halls and address exhibit challenges and cleanliness.
- Keep exhibit halls organized.
- Troubleshoot and repair exhibits as needed.
- Repair small motors, bearings, motor controllers and servos.
- Troubleshoot variety of computer operation systems including Windows and Linux.
- Set up and maintain A/V systems, projectors, mixers and speakers.
- Operate multi-meter, soldering iron, wire strippers and crimpers and a variety of typical. hand and small power tools.
- Light carpentry including woodworking, laminate, drilling, threading, and typical hardware installation.
- Sanding, painting and sealing a variety of materials.
- General cleaning, dusting, and organizing exhibit components, galleries and shops.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience.
- Preferred Skills
- Ability to program and diagnose microcontrollers
- Basic understanding of electronic components
- Dependable, reliable; able to work with minimal supervision
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- Able to lift, push and/or pull 25 lbs
- Able to climb ladders at varying heights
- Able to walk for extended periods of time
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities To perform this job SUCCESSFULLY; the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an ?at-will? basis.