Address

Author Topic: Weekly Photo Challenge  (Read 1364 times)

Hybridsix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weekly Photo Challenge
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »
At the beginning of every month, I will post to the top of this thread with the challenges for that month. They will all be coming from Lightbox Photography Cards (LightboxPhotoCards.com) and I encourage you to pick up a set for yourself. I intend on posting 4 challenges per month, with no repeats. At the end of the month, we'll submit and review each other's work.

Now, to get us started, here are January's Challenges!

Photograph Time
Card 040

This challenge can be interpreted any number of ways - from shooting a photo of a clock to an image showing the passage of time. Slowing your shutter speed down when you have a moving subject would give us the impression of time passing. Experiment with this! Or get out the close-up lens and shoot the inner workings of a watch.

Photograph Bokeh
Card 039

You're going to need some really good glass for this challenge - something that opens way up to f/2.8 or even f/1.4. A great trick if you don't happen to have one of these expensive lenses is placing your subject as far from your background as possible. This is all about balancing your composition with what is in focus and what is not.

Photograph Solitude
Card 017

Shooting anything of a solitary nature immediately produces an image that weaves together a story. The subject could be a person or an object...The key is to isolate the subject in such a way that allows the viewers to create a story of their own. One way to do this includes placing the subject on one of the lines that make up the Rule of Thirds.

Photograph Hands at Work
Card 025

Hands tell us so much about one's life, their trade and a bit about their past. They make wonderful subjects to photograph. The challenge is to capture them doing something interesting - something not often seen. In the shot below(on the card, see me), a Revolutionary War reenactor loads a rifle from the year 1861 - creating an image of antiquity and interest.

Happy shooting to everyone!

Fluffybunny47

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Photo Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:58:40 PM »
The guy who created these cards also has a facebook group where people are encouraged to post their challenge photos. It's not very active, so this might be a good way for us to help out a fellow maker.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410797422508581/