Address

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 575 times)

Chappy

• View Profile
Howdy
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:08:22 AM »
Hey there!

As part two of becoming a member I'm just saying hello : )

My name is Chris, or Chappy. I'm an Instructional Designer for Check-6 and trying to wrap up a MA in the same from UCF. The end is near!

I went to a DC-407 meeting a few years ago and have stopped by for a few open houses, red bull makers events, and took the soldering class.
I'm a software guy (and Linux nerd) but I'm interested in learning more about arduino and microcontrollers in general. Although my only project currently is writing my thesis so I can graduate.

Anywho, thanks for being friendly last night, I hope to meet more of you in the next few weeks.

darkmoonsinger

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • I am no one but all that I am.
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
Welcome! You're definitely in the right place; I came here as a software person and have worked my way into doing hardware, enough that I'm doing it at work now, too. :) We hold arduino classes fairly frequently, so when you finish your thesis (or need a break so you don't tear your hair out) feel free to sign up and come on out.

willasaywhat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:46:45 PM »
DC407 PoC here. The group has been stagnant since many of the usual suspects moved to Tampa to work for various security firms. We're trying to reboot the group, so if you're interested, join the DC407 mailing list linked off dc407.com. :D

Oh, and welcome!