Address

Author Topic: Howdy, I'm Larry, here's a bit about me  (Read 115 times)

larry

• View Profile
Howdy, I'm Larry, here's a bit about me
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »
So I went to an open house quite a few months ago, the atmosphere was great, the people friendly and chill, and the gear... so many new toys to learn. Figured after I got my business sorted, I'd try and join. Got my business sorted so now I'm giving joining a go.

I went to the open house on October 3rd and met some of you lovely folks, saw a tardigrade, and hopefully didn't annoy too many people with my questions.

A bit about me - I love learning new things and trying new things. Used to be an English teacher in Japan for year and a piece. Then taught English in South Korea for about nine years. Traveled a bit. Self published a few books. Made a few websites. Failed a bunch. Made a podcast. Stopped the podcast. Made more sites, failed more. Then some sites did well. Now I work from home creating sites, and am looking for new stuff to try.

Things that I can contribute - Probably the most useful thing I can do well is keyword research, so if you need any keyword research for an upcoming site / product / just curious about traffic volume for a keyword, give a shout. Also self publishing stuff, can help with that. Oh and I'm good at lifting heavy things. And I like helping / volunteering for stuff. And even though I don't know a lot about most of the equipment at FamiLAB, that's something I'm looking to remedy. One of the most exciting things about FamiLAB is the sheer volume of cool stuff to learn.

So yeah, that's about the short of it. Feel free to say hi if you see me. If you are wondering what I look like, because it's hard to link all this text with a face, I attached a picture. Hopefully. If I did it right.

darkmoonsinger

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • I am no one but all that I am.
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy, I'm Larry, here's a bit about me
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »
Welcome!

larry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »
Thank you much! :)

da3v

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:33 AM »

Glad you stopped by! Per our discussion:http://www.comicsreporter.com/images/uploads/larrybadger.jpg

larry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
You know I thought the comic might be a good way for you to remember my name, but then I looked up the Badger / Larry connection... yikes... I see what you mean about it being irreverently dark.

"Bizarrely, he would often call people "Larry", and it was later revealed that "Larry" was the name of his father who left his mother when Norbert was five. His mother remarried Rollin Sykes who physically abused Norbert. After escaping from a mental institution, Norbert met a 5th-century Druid named Ham (Hammaglystwythkbrngxxaxolotl in full), who had just awakened from an 800-year [/size]coma[/color][/size] (this was later corrected in dialogue where it was noted that Ham's coma lasted 1500 years).[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]Leroy[/color][/size]: A dog. Sykes had a dog named Leroy that his father Larry beat to death."  - [/color][/size]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger_(comics)[/color]

[/size]Yeah.... not so sure I want you to make that connection now.[/color]

[/size]Still, love the Druid's name, might have to check out the comic. Did you see that they recently released a new version of the comic?[/color]