Address

Author Topic: Jamie's intro (with cosplay photos!)  (Read 140 times)

thekroog

• View Profile
Jamie's intro (with cosplay photos!)
« on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:49 PM »
Hello!

I'm a local leatherworker / web dev / artist / classical oboist / costumer / prop maker / board game geek / etc.

My partner, Crow (who will probably crop up soon in these forums), and I pretty much live in an art studio (our condo), but the space is small, cramped, and at the mercy of neighbors who don't like ANY noise whatsoever. We've managed to do pretty well for ourselves within these constraints, but would love to meet fellow makers and have access to a bigger workspace.

If you're a convention geek, you might have seen us at Megacon Orlando. We're co-founders of Cospital Cosplay Repair (https://www.facebook.com/cospitalcosplayrepair/ and cospital.com). Which means we spend conventions repairing hundreds of costumes for cosplayers. We're pretty keen on skills sharing, promoting maker positivity, and enjoy teaching / doing workshops.

Epbot was nice enough to include us in her writeup here, and you can see me sewing a snap onto her twi'lek friend's belt:
http://www.epbot.com/2017/06/megacon-orlando-2017-best-cosplay.html

Here's some of my costumes. My partner, Crow, and I collab on most of what we build.

My sexy "Sexy Halloween Costume" costume

Archimedes as the TF2 medic.

BUSINESS FISH

Me as Schmendrick the Magician, Crow as Molly Grue, The Last Unicorn

Me as Hermann Gottlieb, Crow as Newt Geiszler, Pacific Rim

Yip Yip

Crow as Wonder Woman, me as Sam Vimes (Discworld)

Anyway, we're looking forward to coming to open house and other events soon. Naturally, we're in crunch time for Dragon Con, but we should be able to make the time to start meeting people! :D

thekroog

• View Profile
Re: Jamie's intro (with cosplay photos!)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:50:20 PM »
Oh, and my current project is Percy de Rolo, from Critical Role. Crow is doing the tailoring and I'm doing the leatherwork and props. We have a lot to do, but have a shirt and plague doctor mask (mostly) finished so far:

Crow is working on Zarya from Overwatch and I will be doing a good deal of work on the gun.

darkmoonsinger

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • I am no one but all that I am.
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie's intro (with cosplay photos!)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
*waves to a fellow classical musician* Welcome! We look forward to getting to know you!