Just an update since I've finally started the formal process. Since my intro to the group during the member meeting was more focused on the geek in me I thought I'd share a little more about my life outside of the computer (which with Grad School and my full time job is less and less these days).
I've been taking things apart longer than I can remember, this was most likely driven by my curiosity at a younger age. Of course throughout my life I've also tried to take advantage of opportunities and experience the most I could so to keep from rambling in paragraph format, here's a bullet point list:
- Junior Open Water Diver (I was certified at 15 but haven't been out in over a decade)
- Eagle Scout (1996)
- Vigil Honor (Order of the Arrow)
- Played Saxophone (alto, tenor, soprano) from 4th grade through 12th (marching and jazz throughout high school)
- Snowboarder (although I only get one trip a year after moving to Florida)
- Nostalgia... I'll spend some quarters on a good pinball table (one day I hope to build my own although Bill Paxton's not quite my style).
Of course my Rostock Max V2 will take up most of my time this fall but hopefully by December I'll have it dialed in and upgraded to my liking (thanks to the help of everyone at the Lab for your input).
I hope that gives you a little better insight into my hobbies which I continue to add to.
If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask.