Address

Author Topic: Processing Orlando Meetup: Intro to Creative Coding at Urban ReThink 6/24/13 7pm  (Read 1183 times)

nselikoff

• View Profile
    • Fine Art (interactive installations, audiovisual performances)
Greetings FamiLAB folks!

You might remember me from the April open house where I kicked off a new meetup group called "Processing Orlando" with the screening of a short documentary called "Hello World". Well I finally got around to scheduling the next meeting! I'll be giving an intro to creative coding for the first hour, then we'll be hanging out for the second hour. Hope to see you there! Beginners welcome. But if you are already a programming guru you're welcome too. Description follows:

Thanks,
Nathan

Art | Freelance | Processing Orlando

Processing is an open source creative coding programming language used by tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for learning, prototyping, and production. The latest version was recently released, and at the second meetup of Processing Orlando we?ll take a look at its capabilities first-hand.

The first hour will be a quick Intro to Creative Coding led by Nathan Selikoff. Bring your laptops loaded up with Processing 2.0 (go to http://processing.org, click ?Download Processing? and follow the instructions to install the application). Don?t worry if you?ve never used Processing before, or never programmed before ? this intro will be suitable for beginners. And if you are already a Processing ninja, please come too and help out those who are new!

The second hour will be laid back and open. You can continue to hack on what we started the first hour, show off something you?ve been working on, or just hang out and get to know each other.

If you know someone else that might be interested in this event, please help spread the word!

What: Meetup (first hour Intro to Creative Coding, second hour hang out)
Who: Anyone interested in getting started with creative coding using Processing.
When: Monday, June 24th, 2013 from 7pm-9pm
Where: Urban ReThink, 625 E Central Blvd, Orlando, FL, 32801
How: There is a suggested $5 donation that goes directly to Urban ReThink, who is hosting and supporting this event. Bring a laptop with Processing 2.0 installed if you want to directly participate during the first hour.

Site link: http://processingorlando.org/2013/06/19/meetup-intro-to-creative-coding-at-urban-rethink/

Google+ event: https://plus.google.com/events/cefph9svskqo7pruvs3no8tema0

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/464839200266711/
--
Nathan Selikoff
Artist / Programmer

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
  • I make technology into art and art into porridge.
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
I love Processing! I'll be in attendance. Thank you for the heads up.
I like colors.

nselikoff

• View Profile
You're welcome John, glad to hear you'll be coming tonight!
--
Nathan Selikoff
Artist / Programmer

johnbentcope

• FamiLAB Member
  • I make technology into art and art into porridge.
    • View Profile
    • JohnBentCope
I'm very sorry to let you know that work ran late, and coupled with some problems at the house I wasn't able to attend. Will there be another event in the coming months? I've joined Processing Orlando on Facebook to receive future updates.
I like colors.

nselikoff

• View Profile
Our next meeting will be sometime in August. Keep an eye out for details :)
--
Nathan Selikoff
Artist / Programmer

mightywombat

• FamiLAB Member
    • View Profile
I'm definitely interested in your next event! Please be sure to let us know when it is!

Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity or any typos.

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign? -- Albert Einstein